Thursday, June 19, 2014

Making A Few Changes

You've probably noticed that a few things have changed since you're last visit. Don't worry you're in the right place. The Pop Cultist has become Paperback Planes.

Why the change? Well, when I started The Pop Cultist I fully intended it to be exclusively a pop culture blog. I would blog about new books and movies, talk about progress or problems in representation, probably fangirl from time to time, and that would be that. But, as is won't to happen at the beginning of a blog's story, I decided I wanted to branch out a bit more than that. I wanted to be able to talk about other things that were important to me if the urge arose. I wanted to talk about what was going on in my own life on the odd chance that something exciting happens. I started feeling restricted by my initial mission statement, so I decided to make a change.

Do not fear. There will still be plenty of talk about books and movies here. I just also wanted the freedom to put a bit more me into my blog.

I like to think of Paperback Planes as the geeky love child between a lifestyle blog and a book blog. I hope you will stick around and enjoy the flight with me.

An unfortunate consequence of this change is that it messed up my RSS feed, so while I have moved all of my lovely bloglovin followers over to this new address, bloglovin is currently unable to update my new posts. I have contacted Google about getting this fixed, as I have no idea how to fix it myself, but until then there is not much I can do. If any of you have any idea how to fix this please let me know! In the mean time I will continue to post updates through my twitter account and it appears that Google+ updates are still working normally.

I feel good about making this change. I hope you all will too.

*UPDATE: I fixed the RSS feed and Bloglovin is updating normally again! Yay!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Share It!