Saturday, August 9, 2014

Barnes and Noble Book Haul!


“There is nothing like the smell of books, both new and old. If someone ever bottled the smell, I would be all over it .” - Tiffany King

Few feelings compare to that of walking into a book store, the smell of crisp new books washing over you the second you walk through the door. It is the feeling of knowing you are surrounded by unexplored worlds, unknown characters, and potentially life changing stories. 

Today I spent a few hours wandering around one of my favorite places: Barnes and Noble! I did not end up getting as many books as I had planned because my store did not have one of the ones I really wanted in stock and I decided to wait and order a few others off BN.com instead, but I think I still made out pretty well! Here are today's beautiful new additions to my bookshelves. 


I am super excited about adding these to my collection. Fahrenheit 451 has been on my must read list for ages and I have been hearing nothing but amazing things about We Were Liars all summer. Persepolis was a recent discovery, but I am really looking forward to diving in nonetheless.

Confession: I actually read We Were Liars today after I got home. As in all of it. I'll definitely post about it in the near future but right now I am in the post-reading shock phase and I just need a few days to process the mind blowing I was just subjected to. Stay tuned!

Have you bought any new books recently? Or are there any that you are really looking forward to getting your hands on? I am always looking for recommendations!

10 comments:

  1. I really want to read We Were Liars and kept putting it off. Please put up a post about it asap so I know whether it is worth buying!
    I have plenty of posts about books (I did a 3 part series on them if you want to check them out!)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I'll be posting about it soon! And I will definitely pop over and give you a visit! I love when people leave me links!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read We Were Liars - it seems to have popped up in a lot of magazine and newspaper reviews and I've heard nothing but good things.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the exact same reason I finally ran out to get it. I could have ebooked it sooner but I had a feeling I would want the hardcover of this one. And I was right.

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for we were liars for a while now! And if you read it so fast, then I definitely want to read it for sure now! :)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously devoured that book. I'll be posting a bit more about it in a day or two but I would definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  4. Persepolis is so good! I read it for a class, and I'm on the hunt to find Persepolis 2. I also read We Were Liars in a day. It was a nice and easy read to start off the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read it! I have a soft spot for autobiographical stories about women, especially from other places around the world. I'm expecting I'll probably read that one in a single sitting too.

      Delete
  5. Persepolis and We Were Liars sound really good. I can't wait to read your review on We Were Liars, I'll probably pick up a copy soon myself!
    I haven't gotten around to reading them yet because I have a couple of books to finish before I get to them, but I did stop by Barnes and Noble last month and picked up a few books that I wanted to read:
    "I Am the Messenger" by Markus Zusak
    "The Map of Time" by Felix J. Palma
    and "The Hobbit." I've read the Lord of the Rings twice, but for some reason, I have yet to read The Hobbit, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I've tagged you in the Book Blog Gif Challenge! See it here! :) Have a great day and keep blogging! http://www.natashaslittleworld.blogspot.com/2014/08/blogiversary-book-gif-tag.html

    ((This post will be going up on the 14th, but I wanted to let you know a little earlier so you can get right on it! :D ))

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!

Share It!