Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Photo Diary: A Writer's Simple Joys

There is nothing I love more than having a full day to myself. A day off from work, responsibilities, and the rest of the world. For me, these days mean quality time with my pen and keyboard. 
They mean smooth ink gliding across a blank page, breathing life into stories and characters that previously existed only in your mind. They mean building whole worlds and filling them with people as real as you or I with nothing but words; it means setting them loose and seeing what they do with the world you've created for them.
They mean the rare opportunity to spend a whole day chipping away at the first draft of what you are sure is definitely the one while daydreaming about seeing your name on bookstore shelves and New York Times Bestseller Lists.
They mean Pandora playlists and coffee shops where in 10 years you will say it all started. They mean drying out ballpoint pens and praying your laptop cord will reach the outlet. They mean notes scribbled in notebooks or napkins or on the palm of your hand because you have to write it down right now before you forget.

Days like this mean progress. And that is the most any writer can ask of a single day. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy! What I would do for more days like this. I haven't had the time to give any of the ideas floating in my head a chance to survive but I guess I will have to try harder at creating this time.

    Hope your writing is coming along quite nicely :)

    Mo x // Within My Locket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do not get them often, and they will be coming less and less once the school year starts up, so I'm trying to soak up as many of them as I can now!

      Delete
  2. Sounds blissful. Wish I had more time to do this! By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! You can find out more here http://lilmissvixreads.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-blog-award-2.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've actually already been nominated once before, but I really appreciate you thinking of me! (:

      Delete

Join the conversation!

Share It!