Saturday, January 17, 2015

First Impressions: January Ipsy Glam Bag


I got my January Ipsy bag a few days ago and decided I would do a first impressions post. As the title implies I haven't used any of the products extensively, so this shouldn't be taken as a review of any of the products; just my thoughts upon receiving them.


Interested in joining Ipsy yourself? Let's be honest, $10 a month and free shipping for products sent to your doorstep everything month PLUS amazing deals sent straight to your email every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, how could you not be interested? Why not use my referral link?

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer



I was so excited to find a primer in this month's bag. The one I use right now is kind of a cream-mousse type contraption and while it works well enough it is a bit of a pain to put on. This primer, however, goes on almost like lotion. I've only used it once, but I'm quite happy so far. It is super lightweight and my foundation went on seamlessly over-top of it. Looking forward to really putting it to the test!

Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Etheral


This was probably the product I was most eager to try out from this month's bag. Eye shadow is kind of an obsession of mine and this color is just beautiful. Its perfect for a light day-look base, and I'm sure it would make an excellent brow-bone highlight color as well. I used it today and took a pictures, but it is hard to really capture the color since it is so light.


My eyebrows always look so great and then I take close up pics like this and they just look a mess.

Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner in Jet


My immediate response to this was "oh good more black eyeliner because I don't have enough of that," but at the same time I don't actually have a ton of liquid liner so I guess one more bottle never hurt. I would have liked getting in brown though, since I use brown eyeliner quite a bit and don't have a liquid in that color yet. But I suppose you can't really ever have too much eyeliner. I'll get to using it eventually.

Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask


I am actually really excited to try this. I love getting face/skin care products because they aren't something I often take the time to buy myself. I am a little hesitant because it has not gotten great reviews from other Ipsters so far, but I have liked things with bad reviews before.

Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm


I'm always relatively indifferent to receiving lip balm in my glam bag. I am always happy to add another one to my collection because I go through them rather quickly (or lose them..looking for lost chapstick makes up a significant portion of my life), but they aren't something I'm every super eager about. I like this one well enough so far. I was nervous about the mojito part because I'm not a huge mint lip balm fan, but this doesn't have the tingly sensation most mint balms do. I do feel like it wasn't filled all the way or something. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like its running out already and I've really barely used it yet. 

That concludes this month's Ipsy glam bag! Not the best one I've ever gotten, but I am content nonetheless. I really am in love with that eye shadow and I really needed a new primer. For $10 I really can't complain!

Were you happy with this month's glam bag? Let me know! And if you aren't an Ipsy subscriber don't forget to grab my referral link before you leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Share It!