Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Spoil Me Rotten: 5 Faves from How to Get Away with Murder



How to Get Away with Murder comes back tomorrow and I am soo excited. I am honestly completely obsessed with this show. In honor of the winter hiatus finally coming to a close, I thought I would share some of my favorite moments from the first half of the first season. The entire show is practically perfect in every way, so this list is far from exhaustive. These are mostly just the first faves that popped into my head and are not in any particular order.

Spoilers below the cut

Fave #1: Every Word out of Connor Walsh's mouth



I have to put all things Connor under one or this would quickly turn into a Connor Walsh appreciation post. I love him. Seriously. How could you not?

He's just



so freaking



perfect.



Connor is the perfect blend of sex and sarcasm with a dash of equal parts asshole and adorable, all mixed together with a heaping side amazing LGBT representation that is by and large non-existent in mainstream media, let alone prime time television. Not to mention Jack Falahee is gorgeous. Connor Walsh is the character I never knew I needed. I might do a whole post dedicated to him later if my fangirl feels become un-containable, but this will do for now.

Fave #2: Annalise Taking her Makeup Off

Annalise is amazing in and of herself. Like I want to be her. Her confidence, her complexity, her brilliance; she is such a fantastic character.


So far as representation goes, this show proved to be amazing from the very start. But the moment that really sealed it for me was the scene of Annalise taking off her makeup an removing her wig.


This scene was nothing short of revolutionary for a prime time television show. This scene took traditional beauty standards for women - especially black women- and drove a semi-truck through them. It is really quite rare for a show or movie to actually show a woman removing her makeup, and even rarer for it to be the focal point of a scene rather than something happening in the background. Television and film don't like breaking down the myth; media likes pretending women just always look like that and as a result so many people believe women should always look like that. This scene gave that whole concept the middle finger. Perfect.

Representation aside, this scene also really struck me because you can see her slowly coming undone. It is obvious from the very start, without her saying a word, that something has gone terribly wrong. The whole scene is very tense and uncomfortable in the best way. And it leads right in to my next favorite moment.

Fave #3: When the Husband Gets Busted



My roommates and I watch this show together (well we did...I'm the only one caught up now...but we watched this episode together...anyway) and all three of us just when OOOHHH SHIIITT. This is probably one of my favorite episode endings out of any show I've ever seen. I knew that man was not to be trusted.

Fave #4: Asher being the Tool-iest Tool in the Shed


I cannot think of a single character who has ever given me second hand embarrassment the way Asher Millstone does. Watching him physically hurts me. But lord the scene of him getting ready for his one man party really took the cake.


I wonder if it hurt the actor to film this as much as it hurt me to watch it. It's like a bad train wreck; absolutely terrible, but you can't look away.

Fave #5: Annalise Knows

And finally, the biggest "oh shit" moment of the entire show thus far


I was sitting alone in my pitch black room at like 2am watching this, and when she spoke I literally jumped. This was easily one of the greatest curves a television show has ever thrown at me, and I am so freaking excited to see what happens next.

Because tomorrow night....


What were your favorite moments from season 1 so far? And what are you most looking forward to in the second half of the season? Let's chat in the comments!

*All gifs are from Tumblr and are not my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Share It!