Monday, February 23, 2015

Motivational Monday

I have been the absolute worst blogger the past week and I hope you will forgive me. I had a huge midterm to study for last week and now I have 2 papers due Friday and I was just too exhausted to do anything this weekend; you ever have those days?

Anyway I am going to do my best to not go MIA this week, and worst comes to worst I am on spring break next week and will be blogging from Florida! Now then, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I really like this quote. On Pinterest it was attributed to John Green, but as his most recent video reminds us (tangent: I DIED watching that video. Watched it like 3 times and laughed my ass off oh gosh) a lot of things get attributed to him that he never actually said. So I Googled it and he did not say this either; an author named Hafiz did.

Whoever said it, it is a fantastic model to live by. It is so easy to get bogged down by the negatives and to find ourselves doing things because we feel like we should rather than because it is really what is best for us. But as cliche as it is, we really do only get one go at this. Better to spend our lives doing what we love and with the people who genuinely make us happy than to waste it doing what we believe others expect of us.

When you find something that stirs your passion and makes you glad to be alive, be it a person, a hobby, a career path, or just a really fantastic book, you keep that thing close to you, no matter what anyone else says. There is too much negativity in the world not to hold on to the things that make you truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Share It!