Thursday, May 21, 2015

FYI: Barnes and Noble Nook Trade In Event!

Hey guys! Sorry this post is coming so late. I am really trying to get to where I am posting on a daily basis (I have goals now!), but I have not yet had enough time to schedule too far in advance and my work schedule is pretty unpredictable. Hopefully things will level out in the next few weeks.

Anywho I just wanted to quickly share something pretty cool that is going on at Barnes and Noble right now. Quick disclaimer: yes I work for BN; no they are not paying me to tell you about this. I'm just genuinely excited and thought some of you might be interested.



From May 17 to June 13, BN is having a new Nook Trade In opportunity. If you have a Nook you might be familiar with their usual programs where you can trade in an old device for credit towards a newer one, which is the idea with this event as well. However this particular trade in event is special because not only can you trade in old Nook devices, you can also trade in 3rd party devices such as Kindles, Ipads, and Nexus tablets. This means that all of you who bought Kindles before you realized how evil Amazon is in terms of book selling can join us in the light at last!

The trade in allows you to get credit towards a Samsung Nook tablet, so if you don't know it is more than just an e-reader. It is good for Netflix, Twitter, and any of the 10,000 android games you might be addicted to at any given time.

I would really, really encourage you guys to check this out if you're even remotely interested. In particular I would like to encourage Kindle users to consider it, as it is an easy and cost efficient way to right the evil you have committed by buying books through Amazon all this time ;). (I'll probably post later about why you should definitely stop buying books from Amazon, but that is just a whole 'nother story. Short version for now: if you care at all about books, writers, and publishers, you should make sure your money is going towards supporting companies that actually care about books, writers, and publishers. A quick Google search will quickly show you Amazon does not.) You would get to keep all of your previously purchased Kindle books, as you can get the Kindle app on a Nook tablet, so you wouldn't have to worry about losing books if you chose to come into the light.

If you want more information on the trade in and on what your particular device is worth you can read about it on the BN website here!

I personally have pretty well decided that I'll be trading in my Gen 1 Nook for a Nook tablet and I'm really excited to get my hands on my new toy a few paychecks from now. What about you? Would any of you considering trading in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Share It!